Now Hiring: Senior Researcher, Center for Effective Justice and Right on Crime
The Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Center for Effective Justice and its Right on Crime initiative is seeking a senior researcher to examine American policing practices to determine how best to improve public safety while securing liberty. The qualified applicant will see public safety as a multifaceted challenge wherein arrests and incapacitation of offenders is only a portion of a much larger and more complex model.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
This candidate will work closely with the Center for Effective Justice team in developing original research to determine best practices in policing, public safety improvements, and use of deadly force. Presenting results of research before legislative committees. Distilling research results into opinion pieces. Conveying research findings to the media, both print and broadcast.
- At least five years’ experience as a sworn law enforcement officer.
- Advanced degree, PhD preferred, or JD.
- Prosecutorial experience a plus, but not required.
- Able to determine research data requirements and obtain them from public agencies.
- A writer—must be able to convey complicated concepts convincingly, employ graphics as needed.
- A convincing communicator—comfortable providing testimony to public officials or conducting live television interviews to a national audience.
- Prefer a full-time hire, but would entertain an application from a qualified tenured professor willing to take a sabbatical to complete groundbreaking research.
The position’s salary will be commensurate with the experience, expertise, and skills of the person who takes the position. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, writing samples, and references to:
Greg Sindelar, Chief Operating Officer
Texas Public Policy Foundation
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.