Remove governmental barriers to reentering the workforce.
Any type of criminal record can hinder an individual’s ability to obtain employment, housing, and education—leading to long-lasting instability. Texas should improve eligibility and access to criminal record relief, particularly by leveraging modern technology to automate the process for those already entitled to an expunged or sealed record.
- Louisiana’s Legislative Session 2021 – Progress Made in Criminal Justice Reform: June 2021
- Expand Second Chances to Reenergize the Texas Workforce: May 2021
- Providing a Clean Slate – Removing Barriers to Employment: April 2021
- After Prison, a ‘Clean Slate’ Offers a Second Chance: December 2020
- Next Steps for Federal Criminal Justice Reform: September 2020
- Three Recommendations for Successful Reentry: April 2020
- The ‘Clean Slate’ Bill would let people move on from their mistakes: April 2019
Providing a Clean Slate – Removing Barriers to Employment: April 2022
Clean Slate Automation: April 2022